Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Crazy Love

Finished a really good series this week called The Hunger Games.  As a hopeless romantic, I have to admit that the part I liked best in each book was, of course, the romance.  Is it just me, or is that about the best part of every book, movie, show, etc.?  I mean, who doesn't love a good romance.  So, awhile back I was thinking about how much we all CRAVE romance, and I started to wonder why that is.  You want to know what I think?  Well, I guess you don't have a choice because I'm going to tell you exactly what I think. 

I think that, as humans, we're designed for love.  We were created to love and be loved.  Sometimes, we look for love in all the wrong places because the hunger for it drives us to find it anywhere we can.  But the best place to find it  is in the arms of the One who loves us with an everlasting love.  How much better does a love story get then when a Man, and so much more than a man, gives his life to save the life of his beloved?  But why is this one so hard to get?  Why is it I can read a romance, any romance, and be completely moved by it, but when I think about the story of salvation, my heart turns lukewarm at best? 

I don't know - don't have any answers there.  But I'm beginning to think that if I could just get that love story through my head and maybe, more importantly, through my heart then my life would be radically changed - forever.  How can that great of a love not do something wonderful in our hearts?  In fact here's my prayer for myself and and anyone who's reading this:

 Ephesians 3:17  And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts as you trust in him.  May your roots go down deep into the soil of God's marvelous love.  And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love really is.   

No comments:

Post a Comment