Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Crazy Kitchen Cycle

My husband says I should be blogging everyday.  HA!  What does he know?  Hmmm, what to write about today.  Well, there's nothing in particular on my mind . . . well, wait, maybe one or two things.  The first being that I can be a very negative "the glass is half-empty" kind of a girl sometimes.  Well, if I must admit - most of the time!  So, I'm trying, stress that word trying, to become a bit more positive about my outlook on life.  But, maybe I won't start just yet 'cause I have some complaining to do.  After all, this IS my blog. 

So, sometimes I feel as though I'm caught up in the vicious cycle of "mommyhood" - especially when it comes to the kitchen.  It starts with breakfast.  First, empty the dishwasher, Second get breakfast for the kids and me.  Third, clean up the breakfast mess. Two hours later, feed the kids their snack.  Then, clean up the snack mess.  Before I know it, it's time to get lunch ready.  When lunch is over, it's time to clean the kitchen, load  the dishwasher, (it's quite full by now) and run it.  Two hours later -  snack time. This, of course, involves finding a snack for the kids, and cleaning  up the mess once they're done.  Finally, in the evening I'm in the home stretch -  I can feel it.  I start by emptying the diswasher while I'm making dinner.  We enjoy a meal together as a family.  Then, for one last time, I clean the kitchen and breathe a sigh of relief when that last dish is loaded, and I can run the dishwasher.   I turn out the lights, and go to bed, knowing full well, that tomorrow it starts ALL over again.  How did the pioneer women do it when they had all that baking to do on top of regular meals.  Did they ever leave the kitchen?

It's a good thing I like my kitchen, 'cause I'm definitely in it a lot.  In fact, it's the room I spend most of my time in (sigh).  Well, it's almost snack time and the kitchen's not clean from breakfast, better get to work.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Nici! How can you read my thoughts like that!! I lament along with you... and I'm not even cleaning up after 2 kids! Just Dave and me. I can't count the number of times I walk into the kitchen and just sigh. Didn't I JUST clean this up? I'm avoiding the mess right now. In total denial.

    ReplyDelete