Monday, April 4, 2011

much ado about everything

Been thinking about what I've been writing in my blog lately.  Much of it centers on God, and I often use verses in the bible to make a point.  So, I wondered today - should I be sharing more about my bipolar and less about the God part of my life.  But, you know what I decided?  If it were not for my faith, if it were not for God, I would NEVER have made it this far in life.   He is my rock when everything else fails, and I can't help but write about him.  So, if you expected more about bipolar - I apologize.  I'll write about that, too.  But be prepared to expect lots of "God talk" in my posts.  Just warning ya!;)

Anyway, potty training is going suprisingly well.  She's mostly getting the hang of it.  Other than the occassional three-year-old tantrum, she's pretty willing to go in the toilet.  Yay!

My issue of pottying (sorry, but I'm into that term now) is getting better.  Slowly, but surely.  Yesterday, I was feeling pretty stupid.  I mean, who can't sit on the toilet and pee.  How ridiculous is that.  But, I stopped listening to the Liar and thought about what God says about me.  Felt better after that.  It's a battle in my mind, sometimes, and I have to decide what I'm going to listen to - the lies or the truth.  Lies are easier to believe, easier to give into.  But, in the words  of Jesus himself, the truth sets me free.

2 Timothy 1:7 (NLT)  For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love and self-discipline. 

Be encouraged friends and have a great week.  I'll try to write more as the spirit moves (HA!)

No comments:

Post a Comment