Wednesday, April 13, 2011

a thorn in the flesh

My husband had a conversation with someone about bipolar today.  Apparently this person has a friend who is struggling and not getting relief from the meds she's on.  Turns out she's on one of the same meds I'm on, but apparently it's not working for her.  Feel so bad about that.  I am very blessed to be on the right cocktail of drugs right now.  It's taken awhile to get to a place of stability, lots of trial and error.  Sometimes it's a real roller coaster ride;  feeling good for awhile and then realizing that a certain drug isn't working as it should.  Of course it's all  indiviualized; what I "works" for me may not "work" for someone else. 

My concern is for those who are on meds and still suffer.  I often pray that  that new and better meds will be created - ones that are more effective and have fewer side effects. I also pray that the public would be more educated in their understanding of mental illness.  I see glimmers of hope, but there's still  a long road ahead.  If you know someone who's struggling, reach out to them.  Tell them it's never to late to get help.  Most of all tell them not to give up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment