Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hope and a Future

Change is hard, isn't it?  Moving from the familiar into the unfamiliar can be a bit overwhelming at times.   A couple of days ago, I was thinking about a move my husband and I made over a year ago.  What's funny about the whole move, is how opposed I was to it at first.  I liked where we were living; I was comfortable there.  The idea of going somewhere new?  Well, not so appealing.  I am a girl who hates change.  If I'm in my comfort zone, let me be.  So, not long before we moved, I wrote this entry in my journal;

Well, this is it.  It's our last week in our house.  I am so sad.  My husband doesn't know this, but I really want to stay where we are.  It's so hard to let go of the familiar and move into new "territory."  I feel like Abraham being called to go to a different land.  Not sure I want to, but need to trust God's leading in our lives.

That was written on February 2nd, 2010.  Exactly ten days later, on February 12, 2010, I wrote this;

Okay, I just read my last entry, and I have to laugh.  I LOVE our new house.  It just really feels like home already.  It's funny how I just dreaded this move and didn't want the change.  But, now that it's here, well, I'm lovin' it.  Maybe that's an analogy for life.  God has so many good things for us, if we just let go of the past and step into the future.  He'll provide in ways too incredible to imagine. 

Not only am I still loving our house, but I'm also loving what God's given us in our "new" life.  Friends!  I had prayed for some good friendships.  Looking back, I would never have made them where I was.  I needed to move.  Scratch that.  We needed to move.  It was the best thing that happened to us, as a family. 

So, here I sit one year later, so thankful that I didn't get my way.  God's way was so much better.  What's more, his future is so much better.  Don't be like me.  Don't resist change.  If God is calling you in a new direction, trust him.  He has good plans for you; plans to give you hope and a future.  (Jeremiah 29:11).

No comments:

Post a Comment